Texting, Smartphones, Tablets — BYOD is here.
Consumer communications meets business communications in a mobile world
People communicate for work anywhere, anytime, from any device. Despite these undeniable changes in business behavior, a majority of companies haven’t optimized their communications infrastructure for mobile workforces or BYOD. The desire to use the same devices we use at home to do our work is widespread.
- People fundamentally want to work together to get their work done, achieve fulfillment and create value
- This is not a new trend, increasingly people are using their personal devices in their work environment
- Forrester (a US-based analyst firm) identified that 53% of employees are using some form of consumer technology to get their work done
- According to Gartner—by 2017, more than half of companies will require their employees to supply their own devices on the job
- Gartner said, mid-sized companies of $500 million to $5 billion in sales and 2,500 to 5,000 employees are most likely to be using a BYOD approach
- 38% of companies expect to stop supplying employees with devices entirely by 2016
Trends driving mobility and behavior changes in the work place
- 1 in 3 college graduates and young professionals would accept a lower-paying job if it offered more flexibility with device choice, social media access and mobility.
- 98% of Americans own a mobile device, 40% of these are smartphones (sub with regional data - source: Google mobile blog 2012)
- 95% of Americans use cloud services in their consumer lives (sub with regional data - source: Wakefield Citrix Cloud Survey 2012)
- US users spent 121 billion minutes—230k years on social media in a single month (source: Nielsen Social Media Report 2012, cited in NBC News)
How a cloud communications solution is addressing challenges businesses face in the new work world
- 77% of businesses and IT leaders say their companies are currently using social collaboration technologies
- 82% of businesses currently using social collaboration tools want to use more of them in the future
- 66% —make jobs more enjoyable
- 62% —improved productivity
- 57% —gets work done faster
IT and Businesses decision makers both believe emplyees were …
- Able to generate ideas collaboratively —47%
- More easily collaborate with their external customers, partners and vendors —47%
- Better able to engage with peers —41%
Unified communications & collaboration (UC&C) drive BYOD. What is UC&C?